FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experience with Choice Hotels "100% satisfaction" guarantee?
Old Mar 30, 2007, 1:25 pm
AsiaTraveler

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Here's how it all turned out. I got the following email from the actual property:

DEAR MS. GONZALEZ,
I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE ON BEHALF OF THE STAFF HERE AT COMFORT INN, GULF SHORES, AL I DO APOLOGIZE FOR THE SERVICE THAT YOU DID NOT RECEIVE ON MARCH 4, 2007 I HAVE SPOKEN WITH HOUSEKEEPING ON THE OTHER DAYS THAT YOU WERE IN HOUSE ON THOSE DAYS SERVICE WAS PROVIDED I HAVE ISSUED A 10.00 PLUS TAX CREDIT UNFORTUNATELY I CANNOT COMP YOU FOR ONE FREE NIGHT BUT I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HAVE YOU STAY WITH US AGAIN TO GIVE YOU SATISFACTORY SERVICE OF THE LEVEL YOU EXPECT, ONCE AGAIN I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE TAMMY GARDNER, GENERAL MANAGER

That credit had actually been issued when we were checking out- so this was no further satisfaction. Notice how she basically says that I am lying about not receiving service other days? I emailed back but got no reply.

I did follow up with Choice corporate and they issued me $40 in vouchers that can be used like cash at any Choice hotel. I told them that the problem and the hassle it caused us made me inclined to request two night's compensation. However, the CSR said that the t&c of the guarantee state that it's only for the first night. (Of course the cards in the room simply say "or your stay's on us.") I asked about where that was written and she said I could find the terms on their website. I have been unable to find anything on their website about the 100% satisfaction guarantee.

However, overall, it's a satisfactory outcome- at least, it's not worth my time to pursue it any more.