FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is there a sticky somewhere with search instructions?
Old Mar 30, 2007, 8:10 am
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Bearbear
I'm thrilled by the response to my post. I didn't think I was alone.

I looked at the vBulletin website and found nothing useful for users trying to search. I also looked at a couple of other sites I visit occasionally that use vB and saw the same things. "Great site but terrible search" or "I tried to search but ...." or "where are the instructions on searching?"

This could be a valuable resource beyond FT.
You are definitely not alone, Bearbear.

When the announcement was made that FlyerTalk was being ported over to the vBulletin bulletin board software platform from the old Ultimate Bulletin Board (UBB) software platform, I was excited.

Don’t get me wrong — with sole regards to software technology, FlyerTalk has improved significantly, in my opinion. However, I am surprised at some of the deficiencies of a bulletin board software application as popular as vBulletin, including the Search feature.

I hope that the “plug-in” capabilities that now allow the expansion of the functionality of the vBulletin bulletin board software program would resolve or improve some of these issues, but either Tim at WebFlyer or Joshua at WebFlyer would know the answer better than I.