FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 29, 2007, 10:11 am
johnbaby

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Delta PM
Nice upgrade!

I actually stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised with everything that happened. I was there for the entire week on business (arriving Sunday night, departing Friday a.m.) and decided to use some GP points to upgrade to a suite. Upon arrival I was told they had a nice surprise for me and told me I was upgraded to the Presidential Suite (they also said the hotel was full so I guess right place, right time, but I'll be sure to use the suite points next time for this opportunity). Check-in was quick, friendly, and efficient. Arrived at my room and the entryway (9th floor I believe) was marble with a large workdesk off to the side, a grand piano in the middle of the room, and a 1/2 bathroom off to the side and a dining table for 4. The next room contained a tv and a sectional sofa (kind of a cheesy vinyl covering sectional though for being in this type of room), and then the through that was the master bedroom with 4-poster bed and huge bathroom with massive soaking tub and rain shower. To say the least, I was rather impressed (I'm also a mere "platinum").

I did have 1 problem while I was there- I placed some items in the safe and then could not re-open the safe. I use the same code each time so I'm sure something happened with the safe, but it actually took a team of 3 individuals about THREE hours along with heavy-duty drills and other tools before they destroyed the safe and got it open- at least it appears my items were safe!

I dined out at different restaurants so I can only comment on 1 night where I dined at the Blue Duck Tavern at the hotel and it was good, not great, but certainly a place I would return when convenient.

As for breakfasts, I was offered nothing. I usually don't when I stay as I do have only Platinum status, but I figured since I was in the Presidential Suite, why not? No such luck though

Checkout was a little painful as I still had some gift cards left over (from last year's 10 points per dollar GP points) and the clerk (although friendly, had a hard time grasping English) couldn't figure out how to work the gift cards. That's an entirely different thread- does ANY Hyatt know how to process gift cards upon checkout?

Okay, that's it. I think my judgment may be a bit clouded due to having been placed in such a room, but overall my stay was quite pleasant.