FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 28, 2007, 3:58 pm
NotSoFrequentTraveler

Originally Posted by InHoc
I had a great stay last week. I was upgraded to a small suite - the bathroom was amazing. My amenity was waiting in the room for me - a 500ml bottle of Steele Cabernet Franc elegantly presented with with Riedel glasses and a Blue Duck Tavern travel bag for the wine.

Since this is one of the few properties that actually lets Diamonds have their complimentary breakfast in-room, I ordered a room service breakfast, and the server politely explained to me that I had a small charge for ordering the American breakfast instead of the Continental....it was all handled without my asking or mentioning that I was a Diamond.

All in all, I was delighted with my stay. No service issues, here.
My husband and I stayed at this hotel last week usind an FFN. My husband is not diamond but he had a platinum certificate. I asked for the upgrade to regency club but there is no regengy club. I asked for the amenity thinking it would be the 1/2 bottle of wine you describe but was told the amenity was lilies and I should save the certificate for some other time. Since the certificate was expiring 3/31 I said I would take the lilies. We arrived at the room and it was an upgraded room. It had a sitting area and a bed area separated by a wall, no door in between. The flat panel TV could be flipped around to face the bed or the living area. The batroom was HUGE: rainshower, bathtub, large sink counter, large closet. There was a vase with lilies in the living are but they were there already when we arrived so I don't think they were the amenity. The bed was great but the noises in the hallway seemed to get amplified instead of muted by the door to the room and did not get a very good night sleep. We ordered in-room breakfast and it was great, came in a huge cart with the oatmeal and sweet rolls inside something that almost looke like an oven to keep them warm, the glasses were crystal, the china was nice. It all seemed very luxurious. All Hyatt personnel was friendly.