FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which hotel in London ? [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2007, 9:22 am
Rocket88

Programs: spg
Originally Posted by southernfriedcj
I am traveling to London soon, and I have reserved a room at the Park Lane Hotel for 9 nights. I used 96,000 Starwood Points to "pay" for the room. When I placed the reservation online there was a form to fill out that included number of adults. As my wife and I and our 9 & 11 year old daughters were traveling I put 2on the form.
Once the reservation was confirmed I sent an email to the hotel requesting a roll away bed for my daughters. The reply I recieved from the Park Lane stated my resereved room was not eledgible for a rollaway bed.
I called the Park Lane front desk and ask the MOD to upgrade my room to a room that would acept a roll away bed. The MOD informed me that the laws of Britain state that only 3 people can occupy a hotel room. He stated that I could upgrade to a suite or get an adjoining room for another 96,000 Stawood Points.
Give me a break! I need to book an extra room for my 9 & 11 year old daughters? Does anyone have any helpful advice? At this point I'm going to "smuggle" one of the girls into the room.
I have 636,000 Starwood Points left on my account, if this is what I can expect when using them I will be dropping Starwood like a dirty shirt when the points are gone.

Thanks, Jim

If it's against the law, then I don't see how you can reasonably blame SPG. You've got so many points - why don't you just opt for the suite?

BTW, I just stayed at the Park Lane a few weeks ago and thought it was a very nice hotel in a great location - easy access to the tube, accroee the park from Buckingham Palace, short walk to Picidilly - it would be a great location for a family visit.