FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa {US-FL}
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:29 pm
oopsz

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Stayed in the hilton sandestin last week and it was one of the best vacations i've ever had domestically. Got an executive suite, beachview balcony. (The junior suites have additional bunks, the executives do not).

Beautiful scenery, the beach was gorgeous and never too crowded, water was great. No 18-24 spring break crowd, which was very nice, though there were quite a few kids there with their parents. The hotel spa was given high marks by the young lady accompanying me. Food in the hotel was very good and at baytown wharf was superb (the seared maple duck at the french restaurant in baytown was the best duck i've had). Service was great, friendly, most of the staff was incredibly personable. All in all it was very relaxing and I'll be checking in again in the future.

The only downside I noticed? I seemed to be the only person of color at the entire resort. ...I guess it's called the redneck riviera for a reason.