FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't figure out CDG
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2007, 1:50 pm
TrojanTraveler

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by IRISHFLYER1
They did have part of one of the terminal collapse a few years back so that could cause changes as it gets reconstructed.

I would agree about the aggressive connection times. I use AF via CDG on flights to India and China from Dublin. If things are really tight they have a minibus waiting on landing. I have never missed a connection yet and some have been very tight. Quite regularly I have had time to catch an earlier flight at Atl but Delta.com, doesn't give you the option of the earlier flight. It happened to me last Monday (19th) on DUB-ATL-IAH, would have easily made it, but it was oversold.

CDG is a bit chaotic, but is LHR any better? One thing you must remember in comparing it to Large US hubs is the Ratio of International flights to Domestic flights at say, Atlanta. Some airports also lend themsleves better to the new security arrangements since 9/11. Was never on CDG before so can't comment on this.

I think CDG was worse before 9/11. At least now when you wait there is more open space and air conditioning. Before 2E and the satellite shed come online, they used to herd connecting passengers through what only could be described as an improvised wooden corral under 2C (from where most flights to N.America left). No air, and the lines moved glacially. It was awful and when I could I avoided CDG and flew *A.