FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Incompetence at Every Level
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2007, 9:22 pm
TT-Jones

Programs: LH SEN, SQ Gold
US Airways - never again.

I flew 60.000 miles on United within the past 6 months, but this time I dared to try the US Airways services on the route ORD - CLT - MCO. All this happened on Sunday afternoon.

In ORD the checkin IT was not working properly, the self-checkin-terminals were out of order. The handling agents at Gate F8 (to which I was sent) were very impolite as well as overloaded and sent me to Gate E7 in a very rude way.

In CLT at Gate B10 an equipment change drama took place. The one handling agent was totally over-challenged, fighting with the IT system all the time. After 30% of passengers having been boarded the other handling agent realized that there must have been a aircraft change without prior notice, so that the whole seating structure broke down and they had to go for open seating. Then they realized that there were too many passengers being on board so that they had to ask for VDB within the cabin...

We ended up in lots of delay and dozens of annoyed passengers.

Finally it took US Airways ground staff at MCO more than 40 minutes to deliver the baggage to the baggage claim area.

As already mentioned: US Airways? Never ever again.