FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Incompetence at Every Level
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2007, 3:50 pm
NY-FLA

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
Was in DCA last Monday night waiting for a DCA-PHL which left out of the center pier rather than the more popular North Pier. As I arrived from the North pier on the slooooowww shuttle bus (only marginally better than a re-screening by the crack TSA security farce) the departure time for my flight came and went. I wasn't too concerned, as I knew the inbound flight making up the equipment for my DCA-PHL was late from MSY. Every monitor in the place though, just wiped my DCA-PHL and all other flights from their screens as their ETD's passed by. Additionally every podium display erased any mention of the flight departing from that gate, as the scheduled departure time passed, whether the flight had left, or, and this was more common, had not. GA's are now typically assigned to work at least 2 gates, so trying to get information from them is another challenge.
It was really kind of surreal, numerous flights still to depart, all from gates with no posted information available anywhere.

Oh, and the 800 number, which used to be perfect at providing accurate gate information now says "departing from gate ~' where ~ is a 1 msec pause with no gate information.
The reason for delay is no longer quoted on the automated system or on the web-site, either. Were people successfully using this info to defeat US's typical "It's weather, it's not our responsibility, it's all on your dime" gambit?

More Shares enhancements!!!

p.s. Many may know this; United, (and I know they're far from perfect, but looking better to me every day) provides hotel rooms at UA's expense to overnight stranded 1K level flyers, whether stranded due to weather or not.