FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Los Angeles (LAX): The Definitive Thread
Old Mar 26, 2007, 2:35 pm
RobertS975

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by amarain
I'm going to Tahiti for my honeymoon and need some advice about booking a flight. The AF flight to PPT leaves out of LAX at 10:30 pm. There's a flight ATL-LAX that gets in at 7:40 pm. Is this enough time, or should we be getting in earlier? If we miss this flight, there's not another one for 4 days, plus the fact that it's our honeymoon, so I want to be as sure as possible that we'll make it (without spending all day in LAX either). I've never been to LAX (or PPT for that matter), and I would really appreciate some advice.

Because there is no flight to PPT for the next four days, I would rather spend a couple of extra hours in the LAX CRC or seek a dinner at local restaurant. Unfortunately, the next earliest flight arrives almost 3 hours earlier, but that's the one I would take... if that one is cancelled, you are still going to be golden on the flight that gets in at 740P. With a potential 6 hour layover, I would look into a decent dinner at some restaurant in LA. But if the 740P flight is cancelled or extensively delayed, you might be screwed, though not in your honeymoon suite!