FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Incompetence at Every Level
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:27 am
liberty805

Originally Posted by VA Maddog
45 minutes a person for rebooking is ridiculous. Maybe thier hope was that the others in line would grow tired and just leave.

What was the cause of the delay in the first place? I'm thinking something under the airlines control if they were offering hotel vouchers. BTW - The FA on board probably just repeated what the GA in IAH told her about connections -why I don't know - trusting sole that she apparently was - and gullible.
And like I said, the 45 minutes is not an exaggeration either. I almost wish I had gotten out my camera and made a video of it--yeah it would be kind of like watching a cut apple turn to brown--just to prove that 45 minutes really went by with the same two customers at the front of the line and everyone else getting more and more restless. The two employees didn't exactly look like like they were 100% proficient (duh) and there were a constant stream of other employees coming and going which distracted them from time to time. Right before I left, they added a third employee to the desk.

As for the delay, the only explanation came from the pilot who told us they were delayed leaving Philly on the flight down because the flights were leaving to the EAST instead of the West and that always causes delays.