FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Incompetence at Every Level
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:22 am
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by liberty805
This is what is so infuriating. In 20 years of flying I can't recall this ever happening to me anywhere (maybe I've been lucky), but in the past year or so its happened to me several times at PHL.
I agree. I had this experience at PHL last month. My inbound flight from BOS was delayed on the ground in BOS for more than 2 hours (while the flight leaving an hour later went out roughly on time. ). We got to PHL and there was no one to run the gate. It took at least 10 minutes before someone showed up. I ran to the next concourse to catch my connecting flight, the last of the night to PHX, and they were pulling the jetway back from the plane. I missed it -- and spent the night in PHL on my own dime because of "weather."

Had the gate agent met our flight, I would have made my connection -- a US problem. Had we gone out of BOS in order of the schedule, rather than the flight scheduled an hour later going out an hour ahead of us, I would have made my connection -- another US problem. But do you think US took responsibility for anything? (It's a rhetorical question. )