FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Incompetence at Every Level
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:03 am
sbtinme

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
As a consumer, I wish I had the ability to FINE USAirways $100 everytime we pull up to a gate and an agent doesn't come to the jetway within 120 seconds. I think that is fully reasonble and there should be absolutely NO excuse for 100+ folks to misconnect and be stressed to the max about connections due to the inability of PHL's cadre of employees to manage to get to the getways within a reasonable amount of time.

As I understand it, the cabin crews working each flights are paid from the moment the aircraft door closes until it reopens again at the destination. That makes it all the more bewildering that the airline itself doesn't insist on agents' presenting themselves immediately upon aircraft arrival to work the jetways. (i.e. there is a significant incentive for the airline itself to insist on immediate jetway operation for each arriving aircraft, but they still don't seem to put much urgency behind it.)

Truthfully, in my flights with other domestic carriers (or international carriers, for that matter), this is simply not an issue. PHL seems to have the monopoly on this miserable behavior.

What's the deal?!?!?!