FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't figure out CDG
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2007, 2:50 am
wco81
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Yes a much better experience for my MAD-CDG-SFO flight just today.

First, plane from MAD took off about 15 minutes later. Pilot said something about how they don't let planes take off from MAD until at least 7:30 so we delayed from the scheduled 7:15 departure.

Flight time was suppose to be 1:20 according to the pilot so I thought we'd land at 9:00 rather than the scheduled 9:20. My CDG-SFO flight is scheduled for takeoff at 10:15 but in practice, this once daily flight usually leaves about 30 minutes later.

Well we didn't touch ground until 9:20 and we taxied for awhile. Got off the plane a bit after 9:30. On the tarmac were several AF employees with signs for various connections.

They took us in small vans directly to the annex (my gate was E85). Contrast that to my previous trip, which was to go through 2F, winding through several corridors and then taking a long, long bus ride to finally make it out to the same gate, and then real slow loading.

They had passport control and security checkpoint at the new annex now and the queue was nonexistent.

Still got to the gate at about 9:45 and they were loading. Didn't have time for the shops but they were actually open, in contrast to back in early Feb.

AF084 took off about 10:45, 15 minutes later than scheduled, as the plane loaded for a long time. But I was on board early and able to relax, no rushing or sweating through a maze of corridors and a long bus ride.

Now, I don't know if they did the direct shuttle rides because the MAD-CDG flight was slightly late (10-15) minutes and my connection time was only about an hour. Or if they're planning to do this regularly. Hopefully the latter.

On my outbound flight, they gave me a little note apologizing if I would have to take buses between terminals at CDG. So AF at least appears to recognize the problem.

Oh and having status was great at SFO, MAD and CDG (only for the return flight) because of the early boarding.