FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy EVA Miles for Upgrades?
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2007, 5:56 pm
jimbo99

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by SEAUAKID
However, I'm curious how available award seats are on BR.
Really it depends which routes... Elite is always hard to get - so for TPE/BKK you are better off avoiding BR67/68. PL also seems to fill up quickly on this sector. Sometimes looking ahead by as much as 9 months won't help getting a seat - and going on the waiting list is pretty pointless.

Otherwise the only asian route I've done it for is Hong Kong and Saigon. Usually seem to be plenty of flights provided you are looking at least a couple of weeks ahead. Particularly, Saigon seems to be easier these days.

You can check availability via EVA's website - I suggest you try a few dates for the destinations you have in mind. Just try making an award booking. You must actually select the flights from those offered... at that point it will say "confirmed" or prompt you asking if you want to go on the waiting list.

You DON'T need enough points to try the booking, and nothing will be deducted until you click to confirm the mileage deduction, pay the taxes etc.

Their website will also allow you to make a reservation and hold it to the date given.

There are embargo periods:
2007/06/25-2007/07/05 , 2007/08/25-2007/09/05 ,
2007/12/15-2008/01/10 , 2008/01/29-2008/02/15

You can still fly during this time by paying more miles.