FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forwarding Email
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2007, 6:46 pm
jtkauai

Originally Posted by wharvey
unfortunately, I have no idea how to even go down this road...
It is much easier than you think.

You could just go the gmail route if your'e so inclined. But keep in mind that gmail works a little differently than other email and it takes some getting used to (no folders and it nests emails from the same sender and same subject).

Otherwise, for your own domain and email, I like godaddy.com (but there are countless other places). But they are huge, reasonable and have good customer service. If you can't figure it out from their web site then call them and they will probably do it all for you on the phone. Basic domain and email is under $10 a year.

I use both gmail, yahoomail and have my own domain. I use them for different things. I use my own domain for most all email, bills etc. I use gmail for email subscriptions that give me tons of mail (one I subscribe to sends me up to 100 emails a day). That way I can just stop forwarding it when I'm out of town and it won't clutter things up. And I use yahoo because I've had it a long time, and it is hard to let go of old things (although I use it the very least).

Finally, I use outlook and it gets my gmail and godaddy mail for me automatically every minute, which is great. Yahoo doesn't let you do that unless you buy a premium service.

Good luck.