FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT Question from Talkboard: Should LH and LX forums be merged?
Old Mar 21, 2007, 3:09 pm
flysurfer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by alex0683de
I agree with this analysis. I would welcome a merger of the two forums, but I agree that there should be a sub-forum of some sort, whether it is a "Swiss" forum or a "Miles&More but not LH" forum. It just seems that given the volume of LH-related traffic on the board, questions relating to the other M&M airlines sometimes disappear in the clutter.
Nice theory. Sure, it would be nice to have one forum for M&M and LH and one for the other M&M airlines.

But: Practically, many folks would post stuff in what many will consider the wrong forum. Heck, where do you post those LH vs. LX and LH vs. OS threads? And those "Connecting between LH and LX/OS/LO in XXX" threads? The "HON service in ZRH" threads? The "LX and the FCT threads"? Where do those belong? I don't know, because I'm stupid. And I don't really wanna think about it, because I'm lazy.

In effect, this would also increase the workload on the moderator. And we'd still have to scan two forums to catch everything of interest. Not much of an improvement compared to how it's now.

So no, let's keep it simple. Put M&M and its airlines in one forum called M&M. Compared to forums like UA we'll still be small enough to keep it straight. And UA doesn't have nor need subforums for TED, UX etc.

Last edited by flysurfer; Mar 21, 2007 at 4:39 pm