FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The all-time, flat-out, best mascara in the world.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 9:05 am
kuroneko

Ladies, you NEED this product

For some reason this thread ended up on the front page as a new thread and I clicked on it. Always looking for the next must-have product.

Anyway, I had to chime in with what I believe is the best cosmetic ever made, and a pretty well-kept secret. It is: Shiseido the Makeup Mascara Base (around USD 17 at Sephora)

Look, I have very sparse, stick-straight lashes that refuse to hold a curl. It is virtually useless for me to wear mascara because even if it lengthens/thickens, my lashes still stick straight out and you can't really see them.

Along comes SHISEIDO THE MAKEUP MASCARA BASE. This stuff really works. I use the Shiseido curler to curl (much better than the drugstore version), swipe a few strokes of this magical stuff on, and viola!, you can SEE my lashes, and they hold a curl all day long, with zero smudging. I pretty much use any cheap old mascara now, as long as I use the base underneath. (although so far I've had the best results with a combo of the Shiseido mascara base and Clinique High Impact mascara). The result is almost like having "natural look" falsies on.

I'm a cheapskate, too, and at first I really hated the idea of spending this much on a mascara type product (since you have to replace them every 3 months), but to me this is well worth it. Best cosmetic I've ever tried. Why? because it actually works.

Gads, I sound like a shiseido ad. But really, I don't work for them, I promise!