FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amankora In April
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2007, 7:47 am
zigzag

Amankora

If you want to see the Tigers Nest near the Paro lodge you will have a 2.5 hour walk up and 2 back down and its not easy. Forget about using the horse as you have to get off the horse anytime the slop gets steep and that is often. The whole trip involves a lot of walking and the air is very thin and you will need some time to adjust unless you live in the mountains.
Our favorite lodge was in Punakha as it used an old farm house for its public spaces and new buildings for its eight suites. All the suites are so similar that you sometimes for get you changed lodges. The best spa was at the Paro lodge and since this is the largest it had a feeling of a more complete facilities. It was wet and cold while we where there so the fires and spa baths came in handy to help with the sore muscles.
I have to say before I went I wanted a trip that I could spend some time just hanging out at the lodges. This was not that trip but we did finish back in India and stayed at Amanbagh and spent the whole time in the pool that was chilled as it was 112 outside during our stay in May.This is the place to stay and just relax and if you love Amankila and Amanjiwo you will feel right at home.