FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vegetarian and Vegan Food: The Definitive Thread
Old Mar 20, 2007, 6:18 pm
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Vegetarian and Vegan Food: The Definitive Thread

This thread is in honor of l'etoile, as well as dedicated to the memory of letiole.

Although I tease her about it, l'etoile does not eat meat. For example, if you would like to see her in person, lettuce just say that it is probably not a good idea to say that you want to “meet” her.

Although I eat meat and meat products regularly, I enjoy salads, vegetables, fruit, pasta and grain dishes. I would usually rather have a salad before I would crave a dessert.

Anyway, I have heard l'etoile wonder about vegetarian meals in restaurants in different cities. Of course, I felt sorry for her when she found out we were going to a Brazilian rodizio, or all-you-can-eat meat restaurant, in Las Vegan — er...I mean Las Vegas. I sat next to her as she enjoyed a pasta dish, and I think she had a good time. The choice of restaurant was not my idea, by the way. I may tease her, but I am not mean or cruel.

One thought: I had the best mushroom ravioli in red pasta sauce ever on — of all places — a domestic flight on Continental Airlines in the First Class cabin nine years ago. It was in a large bowl and accompanied by a large Caesar salad. It was truly delicious!

Please post in this thread your favorite restaurants and meals worldwide that a vegetarian or vegan would enjoy.

Thank you!