FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Coke Reward Points [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2007, 7:17 am
Counsellor

Originally Posted by ClipperCFX
What does everyone think of the "Receive 40,000 Hilton HHonors® Points after three stays" reward? Is it a good deal for 2855 Coke Rewards points?

ClipperCFX
Opinions differ, but I tend to figure (at least for many of the awards that have been sold out) that one Coke Rewards point = about 8 cents.

At that rate, you'd be "buying" the 40K HHonors points for about $230, or about 0.575 cents per HHonors point. I figure HHonors points can be redeemed at about .75 cents without too much problem, so I'd say it's a good deal if you need HHonors points. However, if you already have more than you'll use in the next couple years -- by which time they'll devalue them again -- it may not make sense, though. (Also consider what you'd "buy" with the 2855 Coke Points if you weren't using them for HHonors points.)

And you also need to figure in any additional costs you'll incur for the three Hilton stays. If you already stay in Hilton family hotels/motels three times in a year, and don't use Priceline or something similar, the additional cost would be zip; if you have to pay $80 per night for a Hampton Inn stay you otherwise wouldn't make, though, the cost runs up.