FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No standby on International itineraries? A big downside to AA?
Old Mar 18, 2007, 8:19 pm
JGR01

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Originally Posted by UNITED959
...I missed my first flight due to construction traffic at ORD.
Since it appears you know all the details of UA rules and operations .. and fly them a lot .. I am shocked you did not realize there was construction traffic at ORD that would affect your getting specifically to an AA flight.

Had you been on a UA flight I am fairly certain you would not have been delayed by the ORD (repeat whole ORD airport not just AA-ORD) construction traffic.

Did you use the top-tier TSA lines (or First Class lines) at ORD T3?

Did you use the alternative G Security and the Delta Security by the L gates to avoid any lines at the main AA security area?

I think your lack of knowledge or familarity with the AA portion of ORD really caused your problem.

Those of us who fly AA a lot would have simply gone to the Admirals Club to be rebooked ... as I am sure you would have gone to the RCC had you been flying UA.

Being upper tier on one carrier and then flying another carrier as no-status really hits home! And SHOULD show that the grass is not always greener elsewhere. Me, there are many factors of UA's workings that I think are a BIG DOWNSIDE in comparison to AA.

YMMV.