FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrades are based on availability. Rude Person
Old Mar 18, 2007, 1:08 am
Mike Jacoubowsky

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by cblaisd
If there had been opportunity, once he took your father's boarding pass, I would have been very tempted to call the airport police with a complaint of theft and battery.
In my opinon, the correct call on the part of the purser would have been to call security, not the captain. Perhaps that is what happened afterward.

I really wish I could consider that this post is a troll, given that the poster has little history, but after what I saw earlier today at IAD, I don't have any reason to think that's the case.

It might be difficult for UA to tell a 1K or UGS to go elsewhere, given the loss of revenue, but the alternative might be an even-greater loss.

There is no reason to treat either UA employees or other passengers rudely, even if it's a return in kind. What can it accomplish? Easy words for me to say when I'm far away from the field of battle, of course.