FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Terrible Emirates Customer Service Experience
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:30 am
cricketdog

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Not being issued a boarding pass for the connection flight is usually a bad sign. I guess they were oversold and decided to bump you. The agent in the Seychelles probably already knew this, but did not want to tell you as he would have gotten the grief from you ("not my problem attitude"). Instead he chose to let someone else tell you the bad news in Dubai.

After this kind of experience you would not see me on an EK jet again.
Rambuster - Very good point that I had not thought of. The agent in the Seychelles likely knew that Dubai was experiencing major issues that morning. Too bad he didn't say anything. I would stay in a one-star dump in the Seychelles over a five-star hotel in Dubai any day. Oh well, water under the bridge I suppose.

I did receive a response from Emirates on 3/7 after I emailed the airline with our story. Here's what it says:

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

The events that you have described are being looked into and one of our Customer Affairs Officers will write to you once our investigations are complete.

In any future correspondence with us, please quote the above reference.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us.

Yours sincerely,

Rowena D. Leitao
Customer Affairs
Emirates Group Headquarters

I'll post as soon as I hear back from Emirates.