FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Q for Starwood Cardholders
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:46 am
buylowsellhigh

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Q for Starwood Cardholders

Quick question - For Starwood, I see that a 99999 point limit for asiamiles.. I called Starwood and they couldnt say if it was a per year or per cardholder
basis. Does anyone have experience to offer? My business goes thru about $20-25k of supplies per month put thru a 1.5% cash back card. So it'd take about 4 months for the card to top itself out... But Its certainly nice for some extra miles to upgrade with. I'm thinking of starting with Asiamiles, then AAdvantage, then Mileage Plan?

Oh... does it help my MPC status? Far fetch but heck.....

I found a loophole to bounce the charges off two credit cards and earn both the 1.5% AND Starwood points

Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
Earn 25% Bonus Asia Miles When You Convert Starpoints

You can transfer up to 99,999 StarpointsŪ into Asia Miles(TM), which can be redeemed towards free flights, upgrades and companion tickets to over 880 destinations, at a 1-to-1 ratio. And for every transfer of 20,000 Starpoints, you'll earn 5,000 bonus Asia Miles, which will be automatically added to your transfer. There is no minimum point transfer requirement for Platinum members. Gold members have a minimum point transfer of 1,500 Starpoints and Preferred members have a minimum point transfer of 2,500.