FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using a Costco card as valid ID
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2007, 4:38 am
bordeauxboy

Programs: Too much flying; Lots of hotels
Originally Posted by lili
And it has the ever-important expiration date. I have one also, but since I'm licensed to drive, I use my driver's license.

It's part of my personal plastic-card carrying reduction act. The California Highway Patrol and local police won't accept the Library of Congress card, but the TSA will accept the driver's license. Ergo, license trumps Reader's card.

However, I will be renewing the LOC card Friday after the Freddies just in case the Greens take over the world and the TSA hires folk who can read. You gotta keep your options open.
Gotta love the expiration date thing, especially since an expired passport - had to use one of mine to fly when I managed to be simultaneously waiting for a new DL in Texas and be waiting for added passport pages - is considered valid ID to either prove citizenship or get a new passport. Eventually succeeded, but that was more pain than it was worth .

Of course, it is probably only a matter of time before the President I used to like and the boneheads in Congress (pick any party) find a way to justify forcing everyone to use a passport to travel domestically . Just need to get five justices to 'zeig heil' .