FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - should fam's fly in uniform or plainclothes?
Old Mar 8, 2007, 7:09 pm
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Question should fam's fly in uniform or plainclothes?

the title says it all and what i'd really like to see is both the pro's and cons from both the fam's on f/t and also from "the geese" (that's us folks)

my 2 hockey pucks is that personally i would prefer that they ride in uniform as it's no different than me riding an sf public bus where beat cops are required to ride in uniform as part of their shift and as such, if they are gonna be on a flight, let them be visible as it's a better deterrent (if the "bad guy" was unable to "peg the plainclothes fam" but saw the uniform and decided not to board at the last minute, that to me would arouse and bring suspicion to themselves more than anything) . i also truly think folks would feel more comfortable "seeing it up front" than wondering "is he/she a fam" or "omg, there's a fam on board".

where, shall we say for sake of argument, about 90% of savvy fliers can "spot a fam" and include in that "the bad guys", why not fly in uniform?

i'm truly curious and would like to hear from both sides and forgive me but i tried searching and couldn't find anything this specific.

my vote = in unifrom

thanks and be nice folks