FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why no US transcons from BOS to LAX and SFO?
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:38 pm
usa18dca

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Christ this thread is going downhill every single moment. FrequentHopper, you must understand we cannot go on arguing over your desire of new BOS- West Coast service. Sure everyone would like to see a new route, I have high hopes of PHL-WAW route, but I know its not hapenning anytime soon. (Though I will say PHL-WAW is more realistic than BOS-West Coast on US). You have said yourself earlier that UA/US codeshare. So apply that scenario to the fact that UA/US codeshare on UA's routes into BOS and onward on US Airways focus flights from BOS to places like MVY, BUF, Preque Isle and so forth.

Furthermore, US will not start new service because you travel the route alot and feel that US would fit there. Thats why US has connections throughout cities like PHL, PHX, LAS, PIT and CLT- and they are convenient ones that take the least amount of time and are in the same direction as your final destination is. Also, what aircraft would you suggest on BOS-West Coast? You see that from PHL the 321, 320 and 319 all sometimes need fuelstops. BOS is an additional 45mins-1hr of flying which would make the situation even worse.

I can't comment on the Super MD80 AA Eastbound comment as I stay away from AA as far as I can, but the "blech" remark couldn't have been better stated about the that plane.
King-O....Be nice man