FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mini Tour of NZ
Thread: Mini Tour of NZ
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2007, 10:40 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
AUCKLAND to WELLINGTON (AKL-WLG) on NZ 737

Another day and again out to the airport early. This time I have few enough flights that I can use quick check machine and improve on the seats pre-allocated. For this first flight I had a dilemma. The forward rows where I was allocated were all blocked out. Further back there appeared to be plenty of room – ie the flight was half full at best. Did this mean the seat beside me was blocked but not taken, or did it mean Air NZ had filled up the cabin in the front and therefore a seat further back would be nicer? I decided to play safe and change for a seat further back that I expected would remain an empty row. I probably would have been okay staying where I was.

Again no earplugs at the gate but this time the onboard purchase was announced. I didn’t see anyone buying them. Not a good start, but then the inflight IFE (such as it is – just the same program being shown) has hardly been advertised either.

Today it is cloudier and thus views are not very good. We land on time and I head to the lounge where I meet up with Blackcloud, have several coffees and late breakfast.