FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another waitlist question: CO Insider, help me understand what's going on.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 10:37 am
ContinentalFan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by JonIND
I received this same message for a flight this wednesday from IND-IAH on which I was was waitlisted as part of a First/BusinessFirst reward ticket (NOT reward upgrade) to Palau. I'm traveling on my honeymoon, and my wife is already confirmed in First. From previous threads, I thought that passengers on F/BF reward tickets *were* eligible to be confirmed at the airport as standbys at relatively high priority on the standby list (PR1). I called the Elite Desk and was told, no, that's not the case - I will not be eligible to standby at the airport for First because the airport does not have access to reward inventory.

What's the real story here????

IMHO, the real story is that Continental needs to do something to streamline the whole process in some way. There just seem to be too many questions about the whole upgrade/mileage reward process. I don't see an upside to having frustrated customers. I have no idea what the answer is; I do know that there seems to be an issue.