FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Alcohol in second beverage service NW 63- 10/6
Old Oct 9, 2003, 9:53 am
the-ca-goat

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IndustrialPatent:
But you're usually offered water (and tea transpacific) every hour on most flights... if you're thristy for pop or want to get drunk, you can always go to the gallery and ask - it's not like they're going to turn you away (unless Sophie is the FA)...
</font>
I don't think that (hourly water service) has EVER happened to me on a NW flight, even in WBC. Though I remember being plied with bevvies in Y on a CO flight from EWR-ZRH...and KL usually seems do a better job too. And about going to the galley...I tried that once (after the FA totally skipped my row) on a AMS-MSP flight and was severly repremanded--maybe Sophie was filling in on NW.

I know these are just personal experiences and I fly barely a minute % of NW's int'l flights, but domestic first always seems to be consistantly good while int'l flights seem lacking.