FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - converting frequent flyer miles
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2007, 7:34 am
nixande

Programs: Currently without any status :(
If some miles mean enough miles to do something useful with them, you could try and access coupon connection and exchange them in there.

Everything else will just be a lot of value lost because transfering in and out is most likely not a good option.

With AA at least there should be several options to get the miles into something different and from this point you should be able to do a 1:1 transfer to hilton points which may beuseful for you as a point stretcher or an upgrade (as said, depends on the miles)

For the future, plan your travel and miles collection better and concentrate on goals.

Example: While not best choice I choose BA as my programm because I knew those 3 flights in their premium eco would give me enough miles for something I wanted and status. Now I am contemplating if I want to switch over to AA completly and look at my travel pattern again. As it seems I will at least do 2 more flights on BA because it helps me with AA in the long run (do challenge in second half of the year).

AA in your case can be a great programm to stay on and from time to time top it up through some transaction with your credit card transfer and alike (dont miss expiration deadlines).

Instead of AA you can collect miles on Alaska which seem to offer also redemption on Skyteam for the future. NW I have no idea.