FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Medellin Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2007, 6:18 pm
njfan07

Excellent IC

I've stayed there each year for the last 3 years. The Dana Carleton is supposed to be the best, but I love this place. They just spent big $$ to remodel. The hugh pool is even better, the refurbished rooms are very nice and the views are nice on a clear day. You're just minutes from downtown but it feels like you're in the country. Decent onsite restaurant, very good breakfast buffet, and the staff is outstanding.

Three years ago the hotel needed refurbishment but even then I still liked it because of the pool and location. I had just joined PC so received a standard room. Two years ago i got a slightly nicer room as a Plat PC. This last November, I was upgraded to junior suite (newly refurbished suite) as an Ambassador. They also gave us club floor privileges. That stay alone was worth the $150 to join Amb. and I didn't use my BOGO cert there because I waited to use it at a more expense IC.

Just across the street is Hato Viejo - excellent food at reasonable prices! Halfway down the hill are more good restaurants. Cabs are plentiful and very cheap.

The service was so good that I wrote IC about my stay. Now that I'm a RA, I can't wait to go back.