FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR-BKK-LHR on BA in J and F.
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2007, 9:10 am
no longer atc

Programs: Cunard WorldClub-Gold,Silverseas Venetian society,Alitalia Mille miglia,SPG,Fairmont,IHG.
BKK-LHR F class BA cont.

Wandered round terminal trying to spend last of the baht, and were about the last to board. CSD welcomed us with "I was beginning to wonder where you had got to !" Made that lovely turn left from door 1 and settled into row 5-back row of first. I normally prefer to sit furthur forward as I find lights from the galley quite intrusive at night, not to mention idle crew chatter ! Had the usual po faces from others in F seeing me with children-but they know how to behave so I wasn't worried ! Kicked off with some delish Taittinger and crew handed round iced towels to all whilst introducing themselves. The lovely Liz handed us menus and sorted kids with juice. After taxiing out, Captain came on PA to say a passenger in M had been taken very ill, and they were consulting with medical staff to see what best course of action was. A fellow F class pax was a doctor and kindly offered to look at her, but BA medical had decided she needed offloading. Back on stand to remove her, and her luggage, and cleaners onboard to clean door area where she had been copiously ill....90 mins later we were off..again ! Liz said crew were very close to going out of hours, meaning a return to hotel for all !Anyway, finally off and settle down for dinner. Decided on Smoked salmon terrine with crab and Roast veal fillet with veg. Not particularly inspiring.. Liz did comment on how unappetising it looked! Sam had a bacon roll, and Ellie the chicken and tomato pasta from the lighter option menu. I indulged myself with a few glasses of Meursault, and a few Chateau Leoville-Poyferre 1995. Both excellent. Warm pineapple crumble followed, and a heavenly pot of Earl grey and then I made kids beds up (much to crews chagrin!) and settled down for a movie. The IFE guide bore no relation to the IFE guide ..and I mean, no relation !Had no idea what the movies were so just slept.
Woke around 7 hours later, very dry cabin so schlepped up to front table where there is usually a water table laid out- not today. Every other time I've been in BA F, there is a selection of waters there. Was given one from galley. Breakfast followed with a full English (more bacon rolls for kids )but had to ask for a tea....all in all, a bit dry.
Incidentally, menu said chocolates and Duchy of Cornwall biscuits. Every other time on BA F the crew have handed round a large box of Green and Blacks, but didn't see any this time, nor the biscuits. However, when we were in the hold for LHR I specifically heard from the F galley "Anyone wanna chocolate ? We've got to finish them !" Ditto biscuits !