FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ever received a bonafide souvenir of your flight from the airline?
Old Feb 27, 2007, 8:44 pm
ESPECIALROB

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada Aeroplan, Delta Sky Miles
Question Ever received a bonafide souvenir of your flight from the airline?

Just wondering if you ever received a bonafide souvenir of a flight?

By bonafide souvenir, I mean not an amenity kit, menu, bottle of wine or champagne, or pilfered items such as a pillow, blanket, cutlery, glassware or other service items. I'm talking about things like the following:

On a KLM flight in business class, I received a cute porcelain replica of an Old Dutch House, filled with liquor, as a memento of flying with KLM, and in the early 80s, I received an "Inaugural Flight Certificate" from Pan Am, to commemorate the resumption of service between ORD and JFK, as I happened to by a pax on that first flight.

A friend of mine received a certificate commemorating crossing the international dateline from Continental, who, years ago, used to fly HNL to SYD/MEL, and another friend received a music CD from an Asian carrier (can't remember which one). Someone wrote in a different recent thread that he/she received a "thank you" type of certificate from Air France (I think), that was signed by the entire flight crew, including the pilots.

Have you received anything similar? What was it? Which class was flown? How long ago?

I'm wondering if such mementos/souvenirs were things done yesteryear, or if any carriers are still doing it. I'm quite curious, and will appreciate any/all responses!