FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Has left Marriott] Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk [Master Thread]
Old Feb 27, 2007, 1:04 pm
aviators99

Terrible stay at Sheraton Riverwalk Tampa

Here's what I posted to tripadvisor today:

I checked in on February 24th for a one night stay, and had to immediately change rooms twice. The first room was right next to the elevator, and the second room was directly across from the loudest ice machine ever created. Note that I am a Starwood Platinum preferred guest, which means I am "supposed" to get the nicest room available in the hotel, but each room I was moved to was bigger and nicer than the previous one. I was so late for dinner by the time I was moved for the second time that I didn't have time to explore the 3rd room. When I finally got back there late Saturday evening, I realized that the air conditioning was not working well. Not wanting to move again, I didn't bother to call about that, since it was a relatively cool evening. I tried to go to sleep, but the walls were so thin that I could hear a cell phone message waiting beep every five minutes from the room next door, and it was so loud that it sounded like it was right under my pillow. I called to complain, not expecting that they could do anything about it, but actually they did go in to the person's room and move their cell phone away from mine and that did solve the problem. Although this was the best possible outcome for me, I wouldn't be happy if I were the guest next door...and judging from their yelling at 2am, they weren't. To top things off, there was no hot water in the morning, and housekeeping knocked on my door while the do not disturb sign was on. She claimed to not know I had late checkout, but I doubt she checked.