FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Could Improve First Class by ____.
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2007, 1:02 pm
debbieb

Originally Posted by fishintheobx
-Making sure the best and the brightest F/A's work F, and pass a test to do so (regardless of what the union thinks)

-Ensuring that each F passenger has adequate bin space (as well as enforcing the 1up/1down rule), and can be seated before other passengers are loaded.

-Stop monkeying with the seat and bin configs

-CONSISTENCY! Do it right, but do it the same way in F nationwide. If want a loyal following, give the customer something they know to expect, everytime, without exception. (pillows, hang up coats, rules, 2 liquor bottles, addressing names...not saying do all this, just be consistent across the fleet).
On my one and only upgrade this year, the F/A (a guy probably in his 20's)was talking to the F passengers, he had only been out of training for a month. But he was one of the best F/A's I've seen.

My vote would be to have the number of seats equal to the other airlines, to enjoy the ammenities you have to get there first. They took the 4 seats off the A320, but on a flight I took last month (PIT/LAX) the last row in coach was blocked because of weight and balance. I knew about it because an F/A took a guy's duffle bag and told him she would strap it in that row. So what good did it do to squeeze in the extra coach seats. When I went to the rest room, I noticed the seats in that row were practically touching the seat in front of them. That combined with no recline, it would be hell to sit in that row.

First should be preboarded before the zone 1's, especially considering the bin space problems.