FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has your employer ever forced you to share a hotel room?
Old Feb 24, 2007, 8:13 am
basia

Yikes. Like many others in this thread, it never once occurred to me anyone could even be required to share for a business trip. As a very very light sleeper and occasional insomniac there is simply not way this would be acceptable. (Holidays/martial arts camps are different, I have shared and would share on those occasions, although when I went on an organized hiking tour last year I shelled out for single surcharge instead). In a business setting, not only would I have a hard time getting any sleep at all myself, I also sometimes get up and have a late-night shower when I can't get to sleep - just great for the other person. This is especially true at conferences when you are sitting around cramped all day and networking in between panels. I always make sure to hit the pool/fitness room just to unwind, and then room sharing? How about getting a doctor's letter to get out of this type of thing?