FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread
Old Feb 23, 2007, 8:11 pm
Camino1
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by njlogan
I am so distressed with these people at Hilton. While I understand you cant keep accounts active forever with inactivity, they made no effort to notify me that my points would expire. Afteer nearly 20 years of travelling for work and also planning conventions and major award shows at Hiltons from LA to NYC over the years...I get the shaft when I need them the most! I was hoping to use my 98.000 points to help me with accomodations while seeking treatment for a brain tumor. I havent travelled as much in the last few years due to this condition. No other program, airline or hotel has done this. I guess its the way things are going though. When I first called, I explained what happened and they said that they would reactivate and reinstate my miles. I even took the Reps name. When I later checked, my balance was ZERO! I called again and they said that they would not reinstate it and had no record of my call! They also emailed me that offer of 5K bonus for each nite I stay in 2007 until my prior balance is reached! So much for loyalty. I dont think I want to reward pooer behavior and give Hilton 20 nites of my money this year. I will spread the dirty word on Hilton and stick with Mariott & Starwood.
I am very sorry for your health situation, and hope Hilton reconsiders. Priority Club points do not expire and HH might want to take notice.