FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Parker to Become a One-Day "Prison Preferred" Member
Old Feb 22, 2007, 2:14 am
GAC
Suspended

Originally Posted by ClueByFour
When your level of time and/or discourse here rises to that of Reagan, you can give me that. Until then, you are simply going to have to do better.

Deal?

This must be outcome based education: the right thing to do was not drive drunk in the first place. I'd think a guy entrusted with running an airline and enough money to buy his own car service would know how to put two and two together.

Or, we can come up with more metaphors about how he "stepped up to the plate. Garbage. Stepping up to the plate would have been getting a ride home in the first place--this is a man interested in damage control

I did like the part where you attempt to deflect attention from our seriously-lacking-judgment executive by mentioning the part about childhood abuse tho.

As an aside, he's probably going to have to see a doctor every few weeks for a few years and submit regular urine samples. That's what the "evaluation" stuff is. Ssssh--must deflect the attention. Channel Reagan--that will help.

I really, really like it when facts are employed, so I'm somewhat dismayed to have to bring you the following tidbits:

Parker, 45 and boyish — pilots and others call him Doogie, after a U.S. television series, "Doogie Howser, M.D.," about a teenage doctor... -- is the International Herald Tribune reporting the facts, or merely disrespecting a drunk?

Some of the airline's pilots refer to their boyish-looking CEO as Doogie, a reference to TV teen prodigy Doogie Howser, M.D. -- Is USA Today incorrect in their little box which says "Some not-so-obvious facts about Doug Parker?"

America West Airlines boss Doug Parker may be 43, but he looks so much younger that some employees call him "Doogie," a nickname inspired by TV's precocious teenage doctor Doogie Howser, M.D. -- Is it your contention that the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette made this line up? Or, the following line which says, and I quote "The light-haired, boyish Parker doesn't seem to mind." But the priceless part is he then goes on to say ""Age is only one factor" in establishing credibility,".

So, before you try to channel Reagan again or get a dig in based on my username, I'd suggest you actually come prepared with some factual backup. If I really wanted to be cruel about his nickname, I'd have said DoUgIe.

And, just so we are clear: it's roughly the 4th time he's been busted for something involving alcohol and a car. At what point do we stop claiming to be firm believers in coincidence or bad luck?

I'm amazed that people are lining up to give this guy a pass that none of his employees would ever get in that same situation.
No Deal. Not even by a long shot.

You may insult me all day long, that's your privilege I guess. Of course he should never have drove drunk - quite insightful of you to point out the obvious. Are you also in favor of puppies?

I guess we can be grateful that this is the only place that allows you to be judge, jury and executioner. In regards in insulting me with your "outcome based education" slap I would humbly suggest that just because others do wrong does not make it right. In other words, using pass misuses are his name as license to do so yourself would be the same as Doug claiming that others drove drunker so what's the big deal. Sorry, just the hold water.

Amazingly, I see nobody giving this guy a pass (maybe others are using secret words to do so). All I see is some like me saying that he did wrong, got caught and is doing his time like a man while others are taking great glee at the misfortune of others. Forget Clueless, that's just Classless. I shudder to think of the happiness some would have experienced if he God forbid got into a accident.

Let go of the hate and anger. Life is too short for such petty meanness.