FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Parker to Become a One-Day "Prison Preferred" Member
Old Feb 21, 2007, 1:22 pm
rnovak

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Originally Posted by iahphx
It's actually a misdemeanor, which I don't think has any legal ramifications for running a major US corporation.

Look, many people get joy in seeing "the mighty" take a tumble, but it's hard for me to see how any US Airways customers would benefit from Parker's departure. The guy is one of the few "geniuses" in the business -- which should be obvious to anyone who has seen the walking-dead US Airways reborn as the nation's most profitable legacy airline.

Let me summarize (AGAIN)

HE DROVE DRUNK.. not once.. but multiple times. This shows poor character, a lack of judgment, and a "I'm above the law" attitude.

Dougie is not a 'genius' as you try to tell people over and over, he's a DRUNK DRIVER. Geniuses do not drive drunk.

Don't apologize or make excuses for this (or any other) DRUNK DRIVER. I hope he learns something from the one day in Tent City, hopefully it will keep him from getting behind the wheel of a vehicle after drinking and killing someone (or himself).