FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complex VIP question
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:18 pm
sts603
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
In the past week I have been on the phone a number of times with EXP agents regarding VIP upgrades/waitlisted upgrades for international flights scheduled in February and in March. I am also traveling with my mother on a domestic itinerary soon. Since I have 2 VIP that will expire the end of the month, I decided to use them to confirm her upgrades. The first two agents talked me out of this, stating they hated to see me waste them when I could use them on international flights even into next fall. According to them all I needed was to get them confirmed on at least a portion of a trip to extend their value. A third agent said something similar when I asked (just to see if he would report the same thing).

That's all I know. I have nothing written, I'm just going off the word of 3 EXP agents. FWIW one was excellent, one was average, and one totally screwed up my waitlist requests. (Until I learned of his errors, I considered him the best of the lot as he seemed the most knowledgeable and even called me back to clarify an issue. Some judge of character I am. )
Good news - thanks so much!