FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nikon D200 night focus & Asian purchase questions
Old Feb 19, 2007, 3:36 pm
tharris

Programs: NW plat
[2] No - The lens doesn't "move up and down" but then neither does any other direct-view DSLR so it's pretty much irrelevant - yes?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Thanks for your help. By the way, what lens(es) do you have? I like the idea of the 18-200, but it looks pretty large. I had some pretty long lenses for my old Konica 35mm SLR and normally also added a 2x teleconverter. It was often cumbersome and tippy. Maybe the 18-135 would be more comfortable to schlep. Any advice there?

I am trying to objectively think of the pictures I take and what I really need. I chose my Sony (5MP) primarily because it has a good telephoto (7x optical; 10x digital). However, with the right camera, I won't have to worry so much about that as I can enlarge to shorten some of the distance. I need something that is just as good for fast snapshots while passing something as for planned photos. In looking at the shots I have on my office walls, 8 of 13 have been enlarged; several to the 7x optical zoom limit. Gee, they used to look so good. Now they look grainy and totally unacceptable. Argh!