FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel 2007 on [Master Thread]
Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:28 am
MBS MillionMiler
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Thumbs down Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel 2007 on [Master Thread]

New Review:

I've been staying at this property anually for 8-10 years...And despite the comments mentioned in this thread, I moderately enjoyed the place...It was very convenient to the Javits Center--where I do a 6-day tradeshow every year. The rate was much better than the Midtown hotels, the breakfast, while it was not the greatest, was acceptable, especially being included in the rate. The van to the ferry terminal on the weekends was generally speedy and during the week, it was great having it right at your door. The Spirito Grill was decent, and like someone else said above, fairly priced.

NO MORE on most of the above...I will NEVER stay at the place again (and I was an apologist for the property!)

Free breakfast--GONE. No warning, no advance notification.

Spirito Grill--GONE. Renovated area and now The Harbor Bar is there in its place...OVERPRICED, fair to below-average food with HORRIBLE service. We ate there the first morning for breakfast--prices WORSE than NYC. 2 eggs, bacon, juice and coffee...THIRTY DOLLARS PER PERSON with tip. And we weren't overtipping--it took us an hour and 10 minutes per person to eat, and they weren't that busy...It was a cheaper and better breakfast at the captive-market, high convention center rate Javits Center!

Van service to the dock (on the weekends)...Took the 6:30 ferry from NYC, arrived 6:35 or so. Called the hotel as we always do...After talking to THREE people, including a supervisor, they FINALLY sent a van at 7PM...Because now it's SCHEDULED service, every HOUR on the half hours...WITH NO REGARD TO THE TIME THAT THE BOATS DEPART/ARRIVE! Luckily, we were among the first to queue up in line and we got on the bus...There were 8 or so that didn't make it on the bus...And it's BITTER cold out there. Second day (Sunday) wasn't any better...We took a cab to the Chart House for dinner and walked the rest of the way.

They used to shuttle you into Hoboken to restaurants and whatnot for free...NOT ANY MORE!

GIFT SHOP IS CLOSED. Sure, it was overpriced, but when you need something--you have ZERO options now. The CVS in the UBS building next door has closed (another downside of the property, but admittingly no fault of the S.S.).

Entire staff was RUDE. Used to be pretty friendly...The whole staff stunk of attitude.

Rooms are starting to look tired, in particular the bathrooms...Our toilet seat had a horrible yellow hue to it. Cracked tiles and peeling wallpaper. Maid service wasn't that great...We had a lightbulb out in the 'living room'...Left it out on the table--it was ignored. Second day (it was a 7-night stay) we wrote a note, still ignored. Third day, I added in Spanish...Still ignored. Called the 5th day--didn't want them up in the room--was too tired, anyway, told them to take care of it the next morning when we were gone...It never was.

We only received new shampoo and soap when the amounts were really low, and I even ran out one day.

The rooms used to have 2 TVs...Not any more. There's one, relatively small (27"?) TV in the entire 'suite'.

It seems like were were nickel-and-dimed to death...A lot of 'budget cuts' as it seems--and they're being penny wise and pound foolish, me thinks.

Too bad there aren't more hotels located near the Javits Center...We're there for a big show, and the bus lines are an hour wait sometimes...Taxis are unheard of when the show gets out...The S.S. was SO convenient, I just won't tolerate it anymore.

FINAL STRAW...Checked my SPG account. I was credited for 200 points for the entire stay. Should have been 2400 points (folio was $1300, with taxes). Called SPG, they said the hotel submitted it that way, and showed the room charges were not incurred...My hotel receipt says otherwise. (Wonder if they'll say the same thing to AMEX if I protest the charges--not going to do that, just hypothetically speaking). I can't help but think that it was intentional to get out of paying Starwood for the points, just hoping people don't catch it.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jul 15, 2009 at 12:18 pm Reason: Pre 2007 thread can be found http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-preferred-guest/975428-sherato-lincoln-harbor-hotel-pre-