FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Hong Kong Itinerary
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2007, 9:26 pm
slickalick

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
My first morning I went to William Cheng to get measured for shirts. They had a lot of fabrics to choose from and shirts are a fixed 250HKD no matter how many you buy. I'm not sure who helped me, but he was more than willing to do whatever I asked for, and said they would have them done by 3 PM.

I'm glad they worked out for you.

Walking around Kowloon though, on almost every corner, I was stopped by someone who wanted to make me a suit. It was really amazing how many tailors there are there, and I was surprised that they're able to stay in business considering that most internet resources suggest you avoid these guys.

From what i gather they mainly get their business from 'older' tourists who are not so tech-savvy and dont manage to read forums etc.

I heard Dragon-I is the place to go in HK, but can be hard to get into. Anyone have any comments on that?

Dragon-I is ok.....but if you're flying solo then it can be pretty difficult to get into. Volar and FINDS is also a good choice to hang out at.

The markets are a riot. I had a great time wandering around, but it was so crowded, and I didn't want to draw any extra attention to myself, so I unfortunately didn't get any pictures. The knockoffs were surprisingly good quality, and I couldn't believe that they just had catalogues from the various watchmakers and handbag makers out for you to thumb through!

Did you manage to go up into some of their store rooms? You'll be able to get LV footballs, and Gucci dustbins.