View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2007, 5:12 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by beachfan
This is a helpful thread.

It's seems that, if location counts, Le M is a better choice than the Hyatt. It seesm that it may be a little better than the Sheraton Maurya on that account.

GUWonder, can you elaborate on the room advantages of the Le M over the Maurya? Since Le M is a lower category (I think), that might make the case compelling.
The Maurya Sheraton is better in terms of location if running around to embassies or if wanting a "quieter" experience. (Even then, if you get a room in the main building at the Maurya Sheraton facing the entrance, you may end up hearing all the call-outs for drivers and the like.) For tourist purposes, however, LeMeridien is better located. (You are going to need vehicle transport to see Delhi anyway, but with LeMeridien you could actually walk out the door and see some things; that isn't really an option at the Sheraton unless wanting to walk around a rather boring area that is the area around the Sheraton and stumbling upon an interesting building or something to be seen from the gates.

The LeMeridien rooms are more contemporary in style and more recently renovated and I've yet to end up in a small room there. At the Maurya Sheraton, the rooms in the non-ITC and non-towers sections (i.e., the ones accessed by the elevators in the main lobby on entrance into the hotel itself) are quite small and the rooms are less contemporary.

The LeMeridien award category is lower and doesn't have that peak-pricing level in points, so I'd just go for LeMeridien unless wanting a more lush pool experience. (The pool at LeMeridien is a boring concrete formation and the service at LeMeridien is not as forthcoming as at the Sheraton, but the difference is not such that I'd go running for the Sheraton when the Sheraton's priced at 30-60% higher than LeMeridien Delhi.