FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has your employer ever forced you to share a hotel room?
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:41 am
MollyNYC

Programs: AA Platunum
Originally Posted by BearX220
I was thinking the same thing... financially, it would make sense to force the team to eat Old Spaghetti Factory, figure out what the biggest entree is, order one for every two people and make them share it.

There's more to management than finance.

Ok, it's OT but your story reminded me of a prior boss.....

We invited a client to a casual working lunch at our office in our conference room. My boss's secy thought we should wait til client shows up and hand out menu's to everyone. But El Cheapo Boss wanted to save a few bucks and so pre-ordered tuna salad platters - 3 of them for 5 of us - and had the sec'y arrange them on the nice china we had so it would look like she ordered 5 orders.(lettuce fills a plate nicely)

When the client arrived, El Cheapo smiles and graciously says "I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of pre-ordering lunch" to which client responds "oh no problem, I eat anything as long as it's not tuna". So a menu was handed to him and he ordered a whole meal for himself, including dessert. Imagine!

Oh and for Xmas gifts for clients secy's and assistants, only the finest rejects were recycled from the closet shelf kept expressly for that purpose!