FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has your employer ever forced you to share a hotel room?
Old Feb 14, 2007, 7:15 pm
HomeToPit

Location: Dirt USair, Gold Hilton, Gold Marriott, Platinum Hyatt
I used to work for a nonprofit years ago and for certain events, they wanted us to share rooms. I remember the story of my good friend and coworker that got in late and was supposed to share a room with his boss. He knocked on the door of the hotel room and his boss never even opened the door while he basically said...buzz off, go find somebody else to bunk with.

My friend went down to the lobby with the intention of trying to find out who else was at the hotel and to call them to see if he could share a room.This was before cellphones so he couldn't just start calling coworkers.

The front desk person must have felt sorry when she heard his predicament and said to him...we'll fix your SOB boss. She gave him the penthouse on the top floor. Two bedrooms, living room, the works.

We were at the event for about 5 days and he (and the rest of us) kept it from the boss the whole time we were there. Of course, we had some really cool parties there in the evening. On the last day we were there, my friend finally invited the boss up to his room for a drink. Needless to say, he was not happy with the arrangements

I would quit a job today ifI had to share rooms.

Last edited by HomeToPit; Feb 14, 2007 at 7:17 pm Reason: i kant spell