FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chicago Area Hotels 2007 on [Master Thread]
Old Feb 14, 2007, 1:47 pm
CKL

Arrow Chicago Area Hotels 2007 on [Master Thread]

Originally Posted by toolz
Agreed, avoid the city center W at all costs and go to the Lakeshore one if can.
FYI - the City Center W is right in the loop - a couple blocks from the Federal Reserve. Everything shuts down by 5-6pm at night. Unless you have business down there, try and stay elsewhere.

My preferred properties.
1. Westin River North - great location, service, rooms, upgrades (in my experience anyhow). I have NEVER had a bad stay here - ever.
2. Sheraton H&T - rooms are OK, upgrades are pretty good (IME), Good location.
3. Westin Michigan Ave - if you are shopping/dining - this is a great place to be. The rooms might be a little smaller, but the location is key for walking to shops/restaurants. Have a drink atop the Hancock Building - get a spot on the glass if you can.
4. I am not a fan of the W Lakeshore. I guess that I am not 'trendy' enough to think that their lack of customer service is 'cool'. Then again, I haven't been there in a couple years. Their rooms were too small for me - lobby was packed with people trying to get to the sky bar, too many hotel employees wearing black and 'managing' the elevators for my taste.

I need some help with an O'hare hotel from anyone with experience. I am thinking about a 2-3 night stay for some pre-vacation time with kids. We need a nice indoor pool for the little ones and some nearby restaurants (nothing fancy). I DO need to be able to park&fly though. I want to leave my car at the hotel for FREE and take a shuttle to the airport. Advice?