FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Palo Alto - Sheraton or Westin [Master Thread]
Old Feb 13, 2007, 9:39 am
wizzy

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Palo Alto - Sheraton or Westin [Master Thread]

I just started on a project in Palo Alto, and will be here for 8 more weeks (3 nights/week). I spent one night in the Sheraton last week, and am booked into the Westin for the rest of my stay.

After spending a night in each, I'm seriously considering going back to the Sheraton (never thought I'd turn down a heavenly bed, but the Westin doesn't seem to value Plat's as much)

The Sheraton has a club lounge, where I can get free breakfast and snacks at night. The Westin does not, but when I asked about a lounge, they gave me free breakfast coupons. It seemed to be a special benefit, and I'm not expecting to get it each time.

The Sheraton gave me two free drink coupons for the bar when I checked in. The Westin gave me a coupon for 20% off dinner in their hotel restaurant. A coworker with no status got the same coupons at the Westin.

The Sheraton provided both USA Today and WSJ outside my door. The Westin provided USA Today.

The Sheraton provided free bottles of water. The Westin provided two bottles at $5/per. My no-status coworker did get free water from the Westin last week, though.

Facility-wise, the Westin is nicer. Heavenly bed, rooms are very quiet, marble bath. The gym is not huge, but the Sheraton's gym is tiny. The Westin has an underground garage parking area, the Sheraton is an open lot.

There's a $40 price difference (Westin is more) for a standard room at our corporate rates.

Am I missing something about the Westin? I do enjoy the heavenly bed, but I also like being spoiled as a Plat!